Monday, March 17, 2008

Update following appointment with surgeon.

So as you can see from my post below I had a follow up with the surgeon today.

Neck is healing nicely, they removed my stiches. Pathology report again confirms papillary cancer. In fact the "other" nodules on the right side that we didnt even biopsy due to size were also found to be cancerous. Glad we made the choice now to do the total thyroidectomy. Would of had to go back in possibly, or they would of made the call while in surgery to do it. But worked out in the end!

I have a bandage on my neck for a few more days and then I should be able to take that off and try to clean the area better and get rid of the marker line they put on me before the surgery as to where to cut. They cut above it as the line is still there.

I will be posting info tomorrow for the Relay For Life Walk I will be doing in May for the American Cancer Society! Please if you can support me by making a donation. Every little bit helps!!!

So thats it, pretty uneventfull, I have another appointment Monday (Next week) with him and then I go to see my Endocrinologist. I will know alot more then about the referall to the Nucular Specialist. So should be a quiet week of healing and getting used to my medication!

No comments: