So today is Easter, the boys got up and Wyatt right away saw his little bucket with toys and candy in it and eggs around the house. It was really fun to watch him hunt for eggs and then SHAKE THEM (Plastic fill ones) to see what was inside. Nash enjoyed his toys as well. But the egg hunt was obviously for Wyatt. ;)
We enjoyed a wonderful brunch with my family. The boys were so good!!! I was very pleased. We then came home got Wyatt to bed, Nash a bottle and I left Nash and James on the couch to rest and I went out to the store with my mom. Got some groceries and some photos printed (I will post some tomorrow) and then came home. Let me tell you, I have never had to bring my groceries in and DRY them off. It was pouring rain today when we went from the store to the car and them from the car into the house with the bags. It was crazy!
I had so much energy I popped a ham in the oven (prebaked) made some pasta with it and then started on a recipe from my Aunt called "Autumn Soup" here is the recipe from the Internet I found to share with you. So I made this for dinner tomorrow since I will be home late from my dr's appointments. Now those of you who know me know I dont cook....HA so this was fun and about as much cooking as I do. Throwing things in a pot is fun and made me feel like I was cooking. It turned out good and was soooooo yummy!!!!!
* Exported from MasterCook *
Autumn Soup
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Tomatoes Vegetables
Soups
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Lb. ground beef
1 C. chopped onion
4 C. water
1 C. cut-up carrots
1 C. diced celery
1 C. cubed -- pared potatoes
2 Tsp. salt
1 Tsp. bottled brown bouquet sauce
1/4 Tsp. pepper
1 bay leaf
1/8 Tsp. basil
6 tomatoes**
In large saucepan, cook and stir meat until brown.
Drain fat off. Cook and stir onions with meat until onions are
tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except
tomatoes; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20
minutes. Add tomatoes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or
until vegetables are tender. Makes 6 servings.
**One can (28 ounces) tomatoes (with liquid) can be
substituted for the fresh tomatoes. Reduce water to 3 cups.
Stir in tomatoes with remaining ingredients; heat to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes. The canned tomatoes
break apart and give a rosy color.
Ok so thats all. Hope you all had a good Easter. Lots to come tomorrow. I will blog from Seattle. You know how I love to blog from my phone with photos and short notes. Then tomorrow night, photos of the kids from Easter and a big update from my drs visits.
Have a great night!
~Kristen~
1 comment:
Hey...thanks for the shout out!! :) Yes, I try to pop on each morning while I'm at work to check on you and see what's going on. Glad to see you are headed in the right direction! Got a copy of the cookbokk from gail so I'll have to get busy!! :)
Take care, Nicole
Post a Comment