Friday, March 28, 2008

~ 1 Month Since My Thyroid Cancer Diagnosis! ~

Its been 1 month since my diagnosis..."Thyroid Cancer" the Dr said on the phone. Then went into the type and what next. But of course all I could remember was the "Cancer" part.

So much has happened in these past 30 days, its gone by very fast. But I knew that's how I wanted it to be right when I heard the news. I wanted to be rid of the cancer, start with the treatments and be on my way to feeling better before Summer. A long road still is ahead of me. But so much I have gotten done already I am really glad the surgery is over with.

With so much coming up (See my schedule below) and the Relay For Life (click here to read more and support me and this cause! I am participating in. I am going to be pretty busy, which is good its keeping my mind "busy" as well. I am taking it one appointment at a time. That's all I can really do.

My medication changes are working out well. I feel less, jittery and more energy emerging every day. To bad its only for another 2-3 weeks. But I will take what I can get!

The boys are doing well. Wyatt occasionally comes up to me places his hands on my face and tips my head back to see my scar. He says "Mommy owwie!" I say yes, and he kisses my cheek as if to kiss my "owwie" as I do his. Its so sweet. Wyatt has been threw alot this past year, with the birth of his brother his life turned up side down and I never really getting a chance to "bounce" back from my pregnancy. I was diagnosed and now all this going on. Hard to explain to a 2 year old why Mommy is to tired to drive the car to take him out to the store or the park. Thank goodness he doesn't understand whats going on right now. That he will likely never remember all these things.

Well off to take some medication. Oh but before I do. I have to say it snowed here this afternoon and its so pretty. I am trying to enjoy it as its likely the last we will see till next winter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well for what it's worth, I think you're handling everything really well. I'm sure it's not easy with two small kids and a household to run, but you seem to be taking this in stride! We've been keeping you in our prayers and wishing you good health and a speedy recovery.

Leigha