I got a call today from Swedish hospital to do my pre surgery registration. They asked me the typical questions, and checked the info they had on file. Name, address and what not. Then she said she would have to ask me some questions to see if I needed to come in for a "pre surgery interview"....."Hu" was my reply. I kinda thought that's what we had been doing on the phone those past 13 minutes. But I guess there was more, so she asked her questions. I really didn't want to have to go in for a meeting with them with less than a week to go to my surgery I have enough things going on and trying to get them all done in a very short window.
The questions she asked were about my health. If I had high blood pressure, diabetes, and as we neared the end of the questions I was happy to be able to answer NO to all of them....then she said "ok last question, are you or have you ever been treated for any type of cancer"....DAMN...that C word again. I asked what she meant by "Treated" because technically my surgery would be the start of my treatment. She said if I have cancer then I am being treated. So I would require a interview with a nurse before my surgery to make sure they had all the questions answered about my past, previous and future health. Then answer any questions I might have.
I asked if I could do a phone interview, with two young kids it would be best. I said to her "Is this just going to be questions and taking my weight and what not, because I would like to do that over the phone and I wont lie about my weight!" :) "I swear" I added! I laughed she didn't....oh well. I know they mean well but honestly it would have been a pointless appointment, long drive for me into Seattle just to do what I could over the phone.
I finally convinced her to let me do phone interview on Monday with a nurse. YAY! I am happy we can do it on the phone and save me a trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment