So just when I seam to...not forget but just kinda put it to the back of my mind that I have...hopefully HAD Thyroid Cancer. I get jolted back into reality and I have a medication change now. I called the dr earlier in the week because I did a blood test a few weeks ago (I think I mentioned that here) and I had not gotten the results. The nurse told me I am in the normal range for my levels but its on the LOW range of normal. Whatever that means haha. So she wanted me to up my medication a little so I started that today. I am still not feeling as up to par as I would like, not even really close. I am going to let this new medication change try and take effect and then do another blood test in 4 weeks. If then I still am not feeling any better I am going to talk to my dr about changing my meds to taking them at night. There was a new sturdy out a while back about doing this. Originally they say you should take them in the morning as you have a empty stomach and then not eat for a hour and not have calcium or fiber for 3-4 hours but that's hard to do. At night you can have a relatively empty stomach and the medication just sits in your system all night which is a long time (usually 6-8 hours) and these studies have shown for many patients this is a good change and works well for them.
Now you might ask then why dont I just change that and take them at night. Well because when you do this you have to be monitored and get more blood work as it could work to well and I could surpass the levels I need to be at thus taking me into a HYPER thyroid state. So after this next change we will see and I am going to talk to the dr about it I think.
I have been feeling blah, not really in a bad way. I mean my energy is lower than normal but I am tired from the zoo still I think. It takes me days to get back to normal after such excitement haha!
The weather is also making me sluggish although I love it compared to the 90+ weather we where having. I would love 74 and sunny that would be the best of both worlds.
Ok Nash is up from his nap. Gotta run! I will check in more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment