The call was about my biopsy results, the dr stated that unfortunately it was the news we didn't want to hear. Papillary Thyroid Cancer. Luckily a very treatable form of the cancer but still, I had cancer!
I would have to wait till the next morning to make the call to the surgeon he recommended for a consultation appointment. They were so nice, made my appointment for the a Monday, only 3 days I had to wait to see him. That weekend had to be the most surreal few days of my life. I dont remember really anything that happened that weekend, I think we all (my family and friends) just were trying to take it all in.
After my diagnosis I started this blog. I was bound and determined to journal my experience. I didn't know anyone at the time who had been threw this. But I would soon learn it was so common, to common. Its a weird cancer, that turned out almost everyone I knew, had known someone who had gone threw this. For being such a uncommon thing it sure was common, if that makes sense.
6 Months later I am done with my surgery, my treatment and waiting for January to do another scan to see if I will need another round of RAI treatment (Radio Active Iodine) and to see how good the last treatment did! I am currently tweeking my medication to try and find that perfect balance and that will likely take a few more months. I am feeling pretty good over all. I still have up days and down tired days. I think I have mentioned before that some days I can go all day without thinking about it. About the past 6 months, and everything I have been threw. But others I cant just shake that horible feeling that I had cancer and while I hope its gone and gone for good. I will for the rest of my life be effected by this and while as the days, months and years go by it will be easier to move on and it not be the main focus in my life, but I will never be able to forget or let my guard down!
I am so blessed to have such amazing family and friends and they know they are a huge part of my life. My family, my boys and wonderful husband are so lucky to have such a great support system that has stepped up in our time of need to help when I couldnt be there for them as much as I wanted to.
....and speaking of my boys. My amazing husband James who has been my rock threw this whole thing. He reminds me daily that I am a strong woman and mother. He is such an amazing father to our boys and I couldn't ask for anything more! Wyatt and Nash are luckily to young to remember these past few months, and looking back with them being so young it made things alot harder to manage. But because they wont remember everything we have all been threw the last few months its a huge blessing that I will hopefully be healthy and more energized and that's the first memories they will have of me and not a tired and sick mommy!!!! They are what drives me to get out of bed in the morning, to keep going in the afternoon and to "try" ;) and get to bed early at night so I can start all over the next day with them and keep up with them!
So as I look back on these last few months, I think that they have been some of the hardest days I have had to face in my short 29 years on this earth. But I know daily that there are people out there who are going threw so much more than I am. So I keep them in mind and I remember that I am very lucky, loved and blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment