Monday, April 7, 2008

Meatloaf, Pasta, Tacos, Lasagnas and More....Oh My!

I know I haven't posted in a few days but its been so busy. In a good way tho. (well most of it)

Lets see,

Saturday my Mom and I went out to the store and then came home and she made lunch. I was really tired so I rested. She took some books back to the library and got me a coffee and then she headed out. James got home and we just rested the rest of the night. Was really nice! Oh and we bought the movie Alvin and the Chipmunks Friday night.

Sunday, we got up and met my mom at Babies R' Us and we did some shopping. She got Nash a new crib. (Wyatts old one broke and was in one of the latest recalls so it wasn't going to work for Nash for the next 2 months let alone 2 years) we then dropped the kids off with James and her and I went to the store and got some things and headed too our own places.

I got home around 3, and James told me Sarah and our friend Donna stopped by. He told me they had brought food to stock up our freezers. I went out to look and they had made a ton of meatloafs and lasagnas Yummoo!!! They also had brought along some things to go in our fridge from Nicole (Mentioned in my previous post!!) she had sent with them all the fixings for Tacos, Chili, and so much more. I cant event write out the whole list. She even thought of Wyatt and his SNACK cravings, for "goldfish" and fruit snacks. So sweet. We wont have to cook for a while!!!

Thank you Donna, Sarah and Nicole!

We are so loved. I know I have said it before but this means so much to us. Its one thing for me to be sick and not feel well but my family is not sick and its hard when I cant cook and take care of them like I would like to. Stocking up our freezer and fridge with yummy homemade foods helps so much. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Nash "tried" to sleep in his crib last night. Remember he has been sleeping in his swing. He did for a little while but not much longer than a hour or two. But that's ok its going to take time. We think we might have to tackle some underlying issues that started last week like congestion and possible acid reflux before we master the whole sleeping in the crib thing. But at least its here and we are trying it. THANK YOU MOM! I love the crib wait till you see it, my brother did all the research as he and his wife are having a baby next month and so I got the same kind only a different color. Used his expertise to pick it out! :) HA!

Monday, (Today) We had to clear out of the house to let the cleaners do there thing. We went to south center and returned a portable DVD player we had gotten Wyatt that broke. Luckily we got a protection plan on it and will fix it for free and if it cant be fixed they will replace it. YAY! With 2 kids around its the best $20 we ever spent. We then got home and I got a burst of energy and organized some things that were really needing some TCL in the kitchen. I also made my favorite Autumn Soup! (I think I posted the recipe a few weeks ago) Yummo. That will go in the freezer for the coming weeks!

Ok have to run. Nope not making dinner tonight, Nicole sent over everything made for tacos and we are going to have those Yummy!!! I will take the saved time to watch that movie we got Friday "Alvin and the Chipmunks" with the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen,

Ok, so I know this is your blog, but Michael is having a baby? Now I *really* feel old! :) Glad to hear you're getting all kinds of help and support. We're still praying for ya!

Love,
Leigha