Monday, April 21, 2008

2 Weeks till RAI treatment....let the countdown begin.

14 Days until RAI Treatment. (May 5th)

So its been, 5 days since my last dose of medication, 4 days off my medication completely. I am starting to notice some changes....bloating, hands swollen and lower arms and face. Joy! Driving is not a problem other than my hands and fingers going numb if they are on the wheel for a long period of time. This is common (numbness) as the bloating and swelling is putting extra pressure on my wrists and blood supply to my hands. Weird I know. Then again I am used to the numbness somewhat anyways, its the ongoing numbness in my right arm that started this search for possibly a pinched nerve (we now know its a slight disk problem easily fixable it sounds but have to wait till the Cancer is gone and I am done with all this to fix it)

I am tired, all the time. I could "lay" in bed all day but cant sleep most of the time more than a few hours here or there. Luckily the headaches have almost gone away, nights is when they linger. Probably just the stress of the day creeping in.

I am also starting to notice, (James too) that I am having slips of the tongue (meaning I mean to say 44 and say 54 or 4 instead) and stuttering, as tho I know what I want to say but it doesn't come out of my mouth right. That's hard, luckily James usually knows what I MEAN.

So that's about it on that subject, I know your thinking gesh what more. But only every day will tell us what other little or big things, if any!! WOULD BE NICE not to have much more go on while off my medication. But Dr was very stern in saying prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Kids are good,

Nash is sooooooooooooo close to crawling. I think I have said that before but he is. Poor rolly polly kid cant get that big butt of his up and over his back legs to center himself to crawl. I have a nick name for him, "Boo" I say "Hi Baby Boo" and now Wyatt has caught on and calls him that too. Its cute.

Speaking of Wyatt, well poor thing is regressing a little bit. Talking baby talk, not using the potty as much and getting out of bed at night up and down up and down and "stalling" to get attention. We are trying to work threw this with him. I guess I thought we got lucky and passed that stage. But I think Nash's new stage of "babbling" and playing more with toys (Wyatt's TOYS!) is not helping with the regressing.

James
is at a work conference in Seattle today and tomorrow. Long days for him and he got permission to come home for the nights (they originally wanted him to stay at the hotel with everyone else) but with me being sick and kids being well kids, by 5pm I am to exhausted and need him home for the night shift with the kids.

Luckily I have my friend Sarah coming over tonight to do dinner for us as I am usually pretty useless after 6'ish. James usually is taking over the house by then. So it will be nice to have her around until 8 or James gets home. We will see.


Oh one more note about NASH, Poor kid has been sick as you all know from my previous posts. Well I got him an appointment with a ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) Dr for Friday. As he still has some sleep apnea issue and is still stopping breathing at night sometimes. Scary I know. He is sleeping in his swing which helps curb this most of the time. If he is on his back laying flat he does it every few minutes!!! So pretty serious stuff. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers as we see this Dr and find out whats wrong and what the next step is. I am assuming we will likely have the tonsils taken out. But we will see.

Ok kids are napping, so that means quiet or nap time for myself as well.

Thanks for visiting!!!

Kristen

1 comment:

Southern Momma said...

Thinking of you and sending lots of prayers your way!