Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!






First I want to say a Happy Fathers day to all the Dad's out their. I hope you have a wonderful day!

I have a lot of men in my life who are great fathers. Of course there is my Dad, Things haven't always been easy with us but deep down we are family and we take care of one another. It was a nice treat to be able to take the boys to pick up his new puppy this fathers day weekend.

My little brother Michael (Picture #3) not so little anymore, all grown up now. He is a sheriffs deputy police officer in Arlington, VA and he has a family of his own. He and his wife Kourtney have a daughter, Lucy who is 13 months old and adorable as you can see in the photo of them together. Its hard living so far away from him but as any proud father he sends a ton of photos, so we never feel out of touch and have never missed a moment of Lucy's first year!!

Then we have my amazing husband James. Fathers day (as well as mothers day) is super special to us. After a lot of years of infertility issues and losses. We started thinking we wouldn't be able to have kids for a while. But Wyatt SURPRISED us both and I found out one morning in April (2005) that I was pregnant. James was amazing from the start, since my pregnancy was a little rocky and it required a lot of rest on my part he was a great father even before we got to see Wyatt's face. November 27th 2005 James drove me to the hospital, my water had broke and I was in labor. He spent a long 10 hours by my side and then eventually watched them wheel me away for a emergency c section and all he could do was wait. But soon Wyatt was placed in his arms! (Photo #1) All the waiting and worry was worth it and so his life started as a father!

Just a little over a year later, February 2007 we had a HUGE surprise on Valentines day. I was pregnant with #2. This time it was more of a shock than we had with Wyatt we REALLY didn't expect it to happen so soon and in fact had thought about not having anymore children. But boy wouldn't that have been a mistake. Nash joined us October of 2007 and James was there in the c section room and was first to hold him. Not missing a moment of it at all...well except for when he started to feel a little light headed and ask the nurse to "put him away" because James had to step out for a minute. But he quickly returned and he and NASH who was "put away" ;) were fine. As you can see in photo #2 he was wearing the same shirt as he was at Wyatts birth. Because he really is a "smooth operator!" when it comes to being a Dad!

I have the usual stories of James being such a great father. But the ones that are most important to our family is the time he took to be Mr. Mom & Dad last year when I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. Our lives turned upside down but he worked tirelessly to make sure the kids routines and day were kept on track. Not only for them but to my mind at ease as well. He took some time off work but most of the time he worked and then came home to start cooking, cleaning and taking care of not only the kids by me as well. He and my Mom worked hard to make sure I didn't worry about a thing and that I knew the family was taken care of. Even now, he known when I have not so great health days and he takes the kids in the morning to let me sleep in, makes me coffee to help get me going on those days he cant be home. He is a hard working and honest man who provides for his family and doesn't blink at anything we need or want, he makes it happen.

Happy Fathers Day!

With Love,

Kristen,
Wyatt & Nash

Photos:
(#1 James with Wyatt on his "Birth" day)
(#2 James with Nash on his "Birth" day)
(#3 Michael my brother)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh...you made me tear up. So sweet. Happy Father's Day, James!