Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bottle Free House!


In my shameless attempt to catch up with my posts since my blog has been down here is one about our new Bottle Free House! (this happened back in April)

Nash is no longer on the Bottle. He is a big boy and drinking out of a big boy cup. Turning a year a half I figured it was time to start the process, it really is his only "thing". He has never been one for pacifiers and such. So this was his thing. He loved his bottle. I figured I would tackle it head on while James was out of work so that if I had sleepless nights I had back up with him home to help out. I prepared him a day before saying your a big boy now no more Bottles!

He uses a big boy (tippy) regularly during the day so it wasn't that new to him. But he stilled used his bottle before Nap and Bedtime. So generally speaking we were only cutting out the two times he had left with the bottle.

So the day came and I kept telling him he was a big boy and here was his "BIG BOY CUP" I even made sure we took the kids out to the park and something pretty physical so come nap he was really tired, all in hopes he would be super exhausted and not fight to hard about no bottle.

Then nap came and nothing, I put him in his crib and he fell asleep right away and no problems or questions.

I thought YES I must have really worn him out. I was dreaded bedtime. But that came and went and really no issues at all. A few wakings in the middle of the night the first few night, and if he really needed I gave him his cup. But after that nothing more and we are now a Bottle Free house!

Every time I think its going to be hard or rough on the kids, they prove me wrong and once again Nash has. He really is growing up so fast.

No comments: