Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You Say Goodbye, and I Say Hello!


My Calendar is about to flip to September and with it I cant help but flip my outlook on everything. Very few days left of "fly by the seat of your pants" summer schedules.....less "I want to do something fun!" (Insert foot stop here from my 4 year old) and MORE routine and structure. I LOVE this time of year, everything about it. I am certainly in the minority when it comes to loving FALL. If my Color Coded Calendar tells you just one thing about me its that I am a planner. I... like my children, love to organize, plan and schedule. Its just easier to do when the kids are in school, everything has a time and a place and while we do take time to "Fly by the seat of our pants" this time of year too, its alot less time and it makes us enjoy the free time more I think. I also love the fall colors and changes I see outside. I think the Pacific Northwest is one of the most beautiful places for the season of Fall/Autumn. You cant help but just smile as you drive down James street and the side of the street is lined with trees that have leaves of many colors changing daily.

Now dont get me wrong, I dont dislike Summer. I just prefer Fall :) everything about it. It kicks off the start to the holidays and my boys birthdays start October 11th with Nash's, my husband James follows on Halloween and Nash will wrap up the month of November with his on the 27th. Perfect way to end fall as we then look ahead to Christmas and Winter.

On a more serous note and reminder, September is Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month! Learn more about Thyroid Symptoms and Risk Factors. Hopefully this October or November I will be cleared for another 6,9 or 12 months and can say I have been Cancer Free for 2 years!

Also, September 11th is a day many of us will NEVER forget. I will be posting some special things in honor and memory of the thousands who lost their lives that day.

~ Kristen

No comments: