Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hosed!






We had been planning a family trip to NW Trek for weeks now, James, myself and the boys along with my Mom, Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin. I have been kinda stressing about it to make sure we have everything in place for the boys. SPD friendly of course..... always on my mind these days. A friend gave me a great idea to let the boys have there own disposable camera so that was going to be a huge hit. I printed off activities sheets from NWTrek.org for the boys to look for "animals" in the jungle as Nash has been calling it for weeks. I prepared for the 55 minute tram ride with my almost 3 year old who is potty training. We started the morning early, 6:30 to be exact....got the boys up and moving and headed out to Enumclaw to have breakfast with the family. It was so great. We ate at Krains Corner. GREAT food. Fun place, kid friendly with a ton of knick knacks all over the kids just gawked at them. They have a sign out front as you can see that says "As seen on King 5 TV!" cute.

We then got on the road and headed south to NW Trek following my Uncle, Aunt, Cousin and Mom on the hour ride to Eatonville. The boys did so good on the ride, they are really into looking out for (as Nash calls them) "LadyBugs" VW Bugs pointing out the color. That game never gets old, played it when I was a kid :)

But it wasn't meant to be today, our trip to NW Trek ended with only 9 miles to go. Our car overheated and we pulled off safely to a parking lot just miles down the road from the park. Luckily AAA arrived within a hour. We decided to not head to NW Trek but that we would get the van to the shop and find out what was wrong and then try again another day. We explained to the boys, who had a blast waiting for the tow truck, they ran around and played with James, Cody (my Cousin) and Uncle Quentin for a hour!

The tow truck arrived and James headed with the driver back to Kent and the boys and I put the car seats in my uncles SUV and headed back to Kent also. We decided to take the boys to Chuck E Cheese for a hour after we got the van settled back at the shop and we got home and had some lunch. The boys adapted wonderfully, I was pleasantly surprised since we had been building it up all week for this wonderful trip. I had planned for the worst on the SPD end from the boys, but in fact it was only my van that gave us the hard time. The boys really did so great and took everything in stride. The best part, the van only needed a $100 hose fixed and we should be back on the road this week. We are very thankful for that, could of been much worse thats for sure. Turned out to be a ok day after all :)

Looking forward to going to the NW Trek park again soon!

Update 9pm: When saying goodnight and sweet dreams to the boys, I thanked them for being so good today. I told them we will go again as soon as we can to the "Jungle" and Wyatt said "just not in your van this time!" :) so cute....and true. ;)


~ Kristen


No comments: