
My husbands company is having a company picnic this weekend, besides the fact that everyone was unsure if it would even happen, was put together last minute without thinking of "family's" but they are expected to come and the whole office politics all together its supposed ;) to be a fun time to be had with fellow employees and their family's.
Don't get me wrong this post is not about the gripe of the company's last minute planning. That's just my OCD side coming out. In fact its about how I wish things like this were easier for my family. When I get a call from my husband asking if we want to go on Sunday at 1pm to a company picnic, its just second nature for me to quickly assess the situation;
Sunday....my Moms Birthday. Dinner reservations at 5pm with the family to celebrate. 1pm picnic?.....short time in-between for recovery and rest.
Cant eat *lunch* at or after 1pm, the boys wont be hungry for dinner and thats usually whats used to get them to behave at dinner...hunger....food from restaurant. So they wont eat at the picnic, and we shouldn't eat that late either.
Ok so picnic at a park, we can play thats always fun. Ugh its going to be really hot that day. Renton, East Hill even hotter.....mid afternoon. Ugh overheating. All before dinner out with the family, not a good combo.
I could go on and on, but then I am just really nit picking. I could be making to much of this. I could take the family go and have a fabulous time. Then come 5pm, the boys could surprise me and do great. We could then come home have bath and then head to bed. However my Mommy gut knows this isn't the case. I know from experience, its just to much to ask of the boys in a short 4-5 hour time frame in the afternoon.
A unspoken rule is you should go and make an appearance, the company is springing for food and some planning on there part to make it happen. We should go and mingle. So my Mom offered to watch the boys and thats the plan for now. Problem solved....wish it wasnt a problem to begin with. Just my family, my kiddos and being their MOM and knowing how much to put on there little plates.....but its my job after all. To know just how much to put on them to teach them and expose them to things, but to then know the times when its better not to push them and ask to much of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment