Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our Lake Side Weekend

We had the great pleasure of spending Thanksgiving weekend at Lake Quinault Lodge. It really made us take a deep breath and just relax. It was fabulous. The kids even had a great time and only a few bumps in the road (more about those in a minute) but overall it was a fabulous weekend.






This was the boys first trip really and first time sleeping away from home for Nash and well for Wyatt he cant remember being a baby and staying with us in a hotel so pretty much for him too. They did great on the drive, I really planned like we were going for a week instead of 3 days haha. But it worked out well, anything I thought they would need or ask for I pretty much had within reason, we made only one stop along the way for lunch during the almost 4 hour drive there. The boys loved it right from the start and I was very proud at how well behaved they were. James and I were able to relaxe right away and the boys could of spent hours sitting in front of the lodge fire playing board games, thats so nice let me tell you!!!!





We visited the ocean about 20-30 minutes away, that was a nice break from the lodge for a bit. The kids loved the indoor swimming pool and game room, that made for some very tired boys come nighttime. Which just so happened to be really our only time the boys had any problems, the first time there Wyatt was home sick and tired and wanted to go home and sat through dinner on my lap getting big hugs. Once back in our room he was perky and pleased I had brought dessert back to the room to eat he thought that was cool and asked if we could cuddle in bed at home more and have dessert, I thought that was a great idea. :)

Restless sleep for Nash that first night as well, didn't help the people above us showered at 11pm and had a dog running around with them. The second night they had left so Nash slept a lot better, and had taken a nap to make up for the restless night before. But woke up just before we left and got to see the ocean.






We had great food at the lodge restaurant and also at a restaurant down the street called The Salmon House. Boys worked up an appetite easy and ate good most of the time. I would love to go back in the spring or summer and do more hiking.

There is a huge plus however to going in the winter, you have to relax an just enjoy the quiet, the fire, the peacefulness of everything....and that we did.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning setting - what a great time to share!!

ps. I l♥ve your blog design and title!!

~ Kristen said...

Thanks so much it was breathtaking!

Also thanks for feedback on blog, just got it redone. Person who did its link is on the side bar of main page. I love it! :)