Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Jordan Family Christmas *Part 1* Deck The Halls....Apartment!

Over the next three weeks I will be doing blog posts about our family's preparations, enjoyment and wrap up of the holidays (Christmas and New Years!) Enjoy! ~Kristen

So we started decorating right before Thanksgiving and finished the week after (first week of December) I love this time of year. If I could decorate November 1st I would ;) but thats probably a little much right?!

For a few years now James and I have had a little 3 foot tree we put on a table or up on a larger piece of furniture. This year we decided to get a bigger tree (fake, has to be fake so I can leave it up so long haha!) I would describe our holiday decorating as classic, colored lights all most all around with just one strand of white around some decor on our entertainment center to make it a little classy. I have keepsakes from my childhood and new ones we are collecting as a family. They all work really well together I think. Not looking TO cluttered yet.....







We decorate the front window and our back porch, just some lights nothing really to fancy. Its pretty and part of my favorite things to see at night just makes me happy thats for sure! :)


The kids love to have breakfast this time of year on the little blue table in the living room. Makes it feel like a special time of year thats for sure, we dont do it very often! :)

"Billy" our elf arrived and has been a great addition to our Christmas holiday this year. He watches over the children and at night after we have all gone to bed he reports back to Santa on how good (or not!) they have been, when he returns to the house he is always sitting in a different spot and the kids love to see were he is sitting each morning!!!

James (Daddys) Christmas Stocking, My grandmother is engraving it with his name for us right now. A tradition!

My Christmas stocking I have had since I was a kid, embroidered by my Grandmother.

On top of our entertainment center.

Wyatts...

Nash's.....

More Decor. Also Wyatts picture from last year "I am thankful for my dog" lol and a hand-print turkey.






Our messy entertainment center but the decor is pretty!

So there you have our "decked" halls/home! :)

Whats your favorite piece of holiday decor? Your tree? Lights? A special piece from your childhood? Share below!


No comments: