
Nash has been on the wait list for a few months now with the Seattle Children's (Hospital) Autism Center for an evaluation. I got a call last week saying they had an opening to see him. I almost said we didn't need it but then thought to myself "What are you doing?!" I made the appointment (for a day right before Christmas). I was momentarily struck by the "He is fine now" feeling but what really is happening is we have everything managed right now. If we can get more insight and answers into "Nash" from this great, I also owe it to him to continue on this path wherever it leads us. If a diagnosis of any kind comes from it then so be it, if nothing does at least we have done everything needed to make sure Nash progresses as needed and we have the tools we need to continue to help him (and Wyatt) any way needed.
Since Sensory Processing Disorder is not recognized its important we bring not only awareness to that but make sure Nash is followed closely especially as he gets closer to school age.
Speaking of Sensory Processing Disorder. From SensoryPlanet.Com The 2011 Hope & Help Calendar brings Awareness to Sensory Processing Disorder and are available now.
Net proceeds from the 2011 calendar will be donated to the SPD Foundation [www.spdfoundation.net] and The Children’s Institute for Learning Differences (“CHILD”) [www.childrensinstitute.com] (a WA state school that funded production of the calendar $5000, and serves children JUST LIKE MINE).
Join the dozens of families who donated their time and generously opened their hearts to give a glimpse into the lives of a child with SPD. Please consider purchesing a 2011 Calendar visit http://www.sensoryplanet.com/home.php We are committed to breaking barriers and educating our communities that this invisible disorder is REAL, not behavioral and not parental. We're helping to make “sense” of the world! Join us today!
I am going now to order one for my family!
2 comments:
Thank you for posting about the calendar! Let me know how your Children's appointment goes - we go in January for Matthew. :)
Hartley
www.hartleysboys.com
i <3 you. this appointment will be fab. those labels can take a kid far in terms of schol esp since SPD isnt considered official dx business. let me know if I can help in any way. xoxo
Post a Comment