My son Wyatt (below) will be 3 in November, he does not know anything about whats going on but he knows something exciting is happening. He knows he likes the word "Barack Obama" just flows off his tongue ;) and he knows that Mom and Dad are excited that change is coming!
I vote, not only for my own rights and what is best for me but what is best for my family and my children. If I don't take into account which nominee as president will do right by my sons who will?
Coloring a sign that says "Obama 08"........Save My Health Care!"

Wyatt sporting his Obama 08' Pin!

Obama winning November 4th and becoming president means not only that my son's health coverage is safer than under a McCain presidency. But that my own health care will be safe and somewhat affordable. With Cancer and possibly Lupus, I am the classic "preexisting condition" case. If I loose my current coverage it will be very hard to get coverage and if I do, it will be very very costly. :(
This is just one of MANY REASONS to Vote for Obama and Biden on November 4th!
;)
2 comments:
What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his college
graduating class?
What if McCain had only married once, and Obama was a divorcee?
What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a long affair
while he was still married?
What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to pain killers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable
organization?
What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?
What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five?
(The Keating Five were five U.S. senators accused of corruption
in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger
Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)
What if Obama couldn't read from a teleprompter?
What if Obama was the one who had military experience that included discipline problems and a record of crashing seven planes?
What if Obama was the one who was known to publicly display a serious anger management problem?
What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money from beer
distribution?
You could easily add to this list. If these questions reflected a
reality, if the tables were turned, do you really believe the election
numbers would be as close as they are?
This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes
qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative characteristics in
another when there is a color difference.
And, think of this - the candidates' educational backgrounds:
Barack Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in
International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude
Joseph Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)
John McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899
Sarah Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters
University of Idaho - 2 semesters
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism
Hi Kristen,
I haven't forgotten to send your package, I've just been super busy (and working *lots* of overtime too). I promise to send it soon. I fully agree with getting kids involved in the political discussion, on their level of course. Lucas and I talk about stuff he hears at school and on the news. Knowledge is power, right?! Take care. :)
Post a Comment