So when the phone rings at 7:30pm on a weeknight and its your Dr calling...you know something is up. I have gotten that late night call before, the one from the Dr. that wants to make that call themselves after all the patients are gone for the day. My Dr. called me tonight because she got my recent blood work back.
You might recall I went to the Dr. a week or two ago because I was having some joint pain and it turned out to be two separate things. The first one was my gland in my cheek, I am seeing a ENT for that and in fact I forgot to update I have an appointment Friday for a injectable ink CAT scan to see whats going on with that gland...but I regress. The other things that I went in to be seen for was the joint pain just all around I have been having, mainly my fingers, hands and feet/ankles. So tonight's call was about the blood tests I did, two things came up in them, that I now need to have checked out. One was my liver enzymes are pretty high and she said it could be a fluke from medication, so I have to have that test redone in a few weeks. Ok, I did ask what that could mean, she said she wouldn't go into specifics or what ifs, however if it was high again we will proceed with a Liver Ultra Sound. The other thing and the one that will need my more immediate attention is my blood test came back positive for a marker that could possible be Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus, we knew this was a possibility, that's why we did the blood test. But I was holding out hope it would be negative. No such lucky unfortunately.
So what does this mean, I now will go see a Rheumatologist and have more tests done. So more tests, more waiting. More problems. One thing we don't know and we hope to find out, this all *could* be interlinked to my Thyroid Cancer...don't know. Meaning it likely wasn't caused by it but I could of always had these genetic markers for the (ANA) Autoimmunity's and it just became a issue because my body has been kinda worn down from everything I am dealing with physically. Because despite my last few months, before all this I was a very healthy person! No really!! :)
Ok so that's the latest. I go to the CAT scan on Friday and I will update when I get my appointment with the Rheumatologist tomorrow.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment