Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day 2011!

  I am lucky enough to have married my best friend and I knew he would be a great Dad. Even though he may not have been so confident way back when I always knew. He is kind, patient, supportive, loving and the biggest one is he is a kid at heart. He has a way of jumping in and playing like he is one of the boys but with the ora of a parent surrounding him. The best of both worlds. He was patient through the many years of us trying to become parents. Infertility really brings out deep, maybe deeper than you want feelings when it comes to parenting. It has a way to break couples and I can see why its a rough rough road. But what doesn't break you makes you stronger and in the end we have two amazing boys. Our boys world revolves around there father. Yes I am there mother but I am with them every day and they expect that. They know I will be there with every scrape and fall with a kiss to make it all better. However there Dad is there hero as well he should be. I am very lucky that he lives up to that hero status for his sons.

I have shared some of our fun moments over the past few years on my blog, just a glimpse into our lives and his life as a father. There was the Chewy Tooth talk he had with Wyatt a few years ago, the classic Wrestling Vrs Hugs that I think every household of boys knows and the more serious of posts about James pounding the pavement for a new job in 2009 after being laid off from his dream position, not resting until he found a job that would at least allow me to continue to stay home with our boys. There is likely much more than James would like to admit on this blog, but he supports my whims to start blogs and new hobbies, or move at the last minute to a house up the street even though the night before we had talked about staying where we were at ;) haha so for these reasons and SO MUCH MORE I love him so much and want to thank him for being the best Dad to our sons!!

I also want to take a minute to thank a few other men in my life who are great Dads, my own father. While its not always been easy ;) he is my Dad through and through and he always has my best interest at heart. He raised my Brother and I to be the kind, loving, smart and free thinkers we are today. Never give up but dont be afraid to ask for help. Speaking of my brother he too is another amazing Dad I know. Even though he is far and miss him every day, I wouldn't want him to be anywhere else than with his 3 year old Daughter, my niece Lucy! Happy Fathers Day Michael and Dad!


No comments: