Wyatts out of school already, around here Preschools are out at the end of May. Nash still hast 2 more weeks so I have time to get stuff done before summer officially starts. Also its not summer outside yet y any means. Right now its cloudy, cold and raining out....pretty much the same as it has been for more of the year so far. So my pre summer madness....I mean prep consists of a late spring cleaning. There is nothing worse than spending your summer cleaning and organizing. So I would rather get any and all of that out of the way now. I wait until late spring and early summer so I can include the kids school things in the purge....I sort those I want to keep, photograph arts and crafts I want the memories of but dont want to keep everything of course. Then purge and store them and organize as I go. I already participated in our local consignment sale and got a few things of clothes out, the rest I will sort and put away some for Nash (hand me downs) and others for the Fall sale. Making room for summer clothes and all to soon...back to school clothes.
I will also be wrapping up Relay For Life thats next week! Always a great summer kick off of course for an amazing cause! :) If you would like to donate you can always contact me at KJordan714@gmail.com at any time for more info. All help is appreciated no donation is to large or small! :)
Some other things I am doing to prep for summer is to make a beach/park bag. A large canvas bag already pre packed with everything we need to pick up and head out to the beach or park or any other outside play time which we do a lot of during the summer. Towels, sunblock, extra clothes, snacks (crackers, granola bars ext) juice boxes, water bottles. You name it. I learned over the past few years I would spend way to much time getting ready to go, sometimes MORE time than actual at the park itself. So this way I only need to dress the kids and grab the bag! When I get home I will clean out the dirty or used items and replenish and be ready for the next day. I also now keep a bag of toys and balls in the car at the ready for any occasion.
I am going to prepare for some hard days at first, Nash is a very by the books routine kinda kid. While he will be utterly excited to be out of school he will miss his routine. Lots of sleep and rest will help as well as having a good at home morning routine even in the summer. Up, eat, dressed, watch his favorite show a little or read a book before we go. Also sunblock and lots of fluids, he is overheated easily which will put a damper on any fun sunny park day quick if I am not careful.
In the mists of all this we are also switching over our MOMS Club Executive Board this month, so I am trying to make sure I keep my wits about me while I do all this at once :) but you know me I love a busy calendar. :) I wont be continuing on as Board President this year but I will be keeping a position on the board and look forward to that.
Lets get ready for summer! :) One list at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment