Right after high school I was in college and started this process to become a teacher. I became distracted by well...life. I wouldn't change a think about my past. It makes me who I am today and to be honest my life experience in the past 10 years have made going back to school I think easier. I think I'm young enough to still keep up with the right out of high school crowd and I have work experience and just having had two kids and gone through developmental stages with them both normal and not normal. I think I am more ready now to do this than I ever was right out of high school.
However as if life wasn't busy enough already, adding a full time school schedule for myself has been stressful to say the least. Both boys are in school. Wyatt my oldest is in full day kindergarten and Nash my youngest is in head start preschool 4 days a week in the morning and home with me Fridays. My school is a mix of online and face to face classes. I think I get the best of both worlds I can go at my own pace and study and do school work when it suits me. But I also get that face to face time thats much needed for specific classes.
My schedule can make anyone need a nap I have been told, just by reading it. I keep a somewhat organized house. I have had to learn to let go in some areas but for the most part I like to consider myself a organized person. Especially when it comes to our schedule. I am a huge fan of routine and transitions for the kids, I need to make sure we are all on a schedule of some sort and if we are not and we are "winging" it then I work on using transitioning with the kids to help lessen the effects of the winging it.
I was working on our summer schedule and realized I am the ultimate juggler who needs to be where when and for how long and how can I toss this up while I put something else in and then bring it back to another time, spot ect.....as parents I think we are all familiar with this. If we have a good plan in place, calendar to start, I like to color code everyone in the family so at a glance I can see who is doing what were....I also connect everything via my phone. I even go as far as connect it with my husbands calendar and best friends since we do a lot of kids school functions together. That way everyone knows whats going on at any given time.
I'm juggling, my school, kids karate, kids swimming, PTO, kids summer day camps, doctor appointments to get done during the summer, soccer, home, and everything in between this summer.
What are you juggling this summer!? Share below and comment how you make your juggling work, what tools or programs do you use to help?
No comments:
Post a Comment