Wyatt my 6 year old came home from school Friday and told me that they talked about choices in class that day. He then said "We talked about choices in class, and I have decided I want to choose my own clothes in the morning from now on" Owlrightythen I thought...until now I had there dressers in my room. It made life easy when folding and putting away clothes. Three dressers lined up, mine and two of theirs. They never showed cared before but now they are growing up and of course Nash has to do the same thing as his brother. So we moved them out of my room and into there room this weekend.
I never new that there independence made more work for me ;) putting laundry away now will be more of a chore, but I do plan to get them involved in that to so that will be good. Today they picked out there own clothes and as you can see not to bad.I didnt notice Wyatts socks until he got home from school haha.
I told them I will only veto if they pick something thats to hot or cold for a season. Especially Nash, he gets very overheated easily so if he picks out a sweater in the 90' heat of summer I would veto. Other than that they can have at it!
I have to say though, I really am enjoying this age. 4 and 6 (almost 5 and 7) they are really having fun together as brothers/friends and they are still dependent enough on me its nice but independent enough to make life easier all around, if that makes sense.


No comments:
Post a Comment