Other than a impromptu snow day, it pretty much proceeded as planned and actually I think the snow day helped to kinda slow me down a bit and regroup. Just glad it wasn't snow DAYS or that may have caused some problems. ;)
The move itself went really well, my Mom took me to pick up the truck while James took apart the kids beds and our bed and some other larger furniture. We had some help (my Cousin and Uncle THANK YOU BOTH!) and my best friend Sarah and her son Daniel who is almost 8 (much more helpful than a 3 and 5 year old!) much thanks to them too. My Mom took the kids after I got the truck. They were very excited to spend the day with "Grama Grama" as they call her. Then we got to work...since I didnt get a larger truck (it was the last weekend of the month and my pickings were slim) we had to make 2 runs. But we were done by 1:30 and our help was heading home. I couldn't believe how fast it went. Then started the hard"er" part of unpacking. We had to get the boys bedroom in somewhat working order before they came home. So we put the bed together and placed some of the racks for toys in the room and it was in pretty good shape when I got back with them around 4. We finished just in time, more snow started to fall that night. (I thought about cleaning the boys bedroom before taking this photo...but really...whats the point lol....) and now next to the "before" shot...the "after" isn't much different. Except the paint lol
After that we worked on the dining room, since we have been eating out most of the week I was looking forward to making a dinner in our new house and sitting down together so we cleared that out yet.
Look for more posts and photos as I work my way room by room in our new place and get them put together and organized.
Update: We also are now Cable Bill Free! We made the switch and dont have home phone or cable with the big cable company anymore. We do have internet and use that to stream tv and use our cell phones for our main lines now. Its going REALLY well. I am working on a blog post about it and will have more details about our switch! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment