Its crazy to think it starts next month, the enrollment for many preschools out here for September 2009 programs. I have been doing a lot of research online and talking with friends and making calls.
Today we visiting one about 10 minutes from our house. James took a few hours off to go with me and we brought the kids. We told Wyatt we were just going to "look and talk" to the teachers so he wouldn't get upset that we didnt stay. He would have just loved me to leave him to play and learn he just was really excited.
As we drove up he said "I like it I like it!" as tho we were judging it by the building hehehe. We went in and met the director and she is also a teacher as well a few days a week. She engaged Wyatt right away and Wyatt played shy at first.
We talked about Wyatts birthday being in late November and what class would be best for him. Ultimately we choose for September the 4 year old class. That will be filled with all ranges of 4 year olds it sounds like. I think it would be best for Wyatt so he is not 4 with the younger 3's class. He is very much a follower and would do well in a class of peers or older kids.
She took us to the 4 year olds class, we walked in and its bright with numbers, letters and so many colors Wyatt said "WOW!" in a little whisper under his breath it was so sweet. He opened up right away to look around and see everything. Shortly after that the teachers returned with the kids and he got to meet them, the main teacher of the class has been with the school 19 years! I was thrilled to hear that. She had Wyatt jump right in with them and they started on there morning routine. Wyatt was able to pull up a "mat" and watched them recite there alphabet, numbers, and colors along with some shapes. For them being 4 and Wyatt just turned 3 he was pretty interested and tried to follow along. I had to keep remembering this was for NEXT year so we are going to be good to go if I work with him before he starts on some more things at home.
Nash even started chatting along with the kids and playing he loved it. We said good bye after they finished and were about to move on to the next activity (story time!) and we went back to meet with the Director.
Wyatt, Nash and James went out to the car while I talked with the director and gave her our info and said we would be in touch.
I got in the car and Wyatt was just talking away to James about how much fun he had "at school today" it was so sweet. I cant believe we are at this point with him looking at schools and what not. I feel very old (sorry to those who are older than me out there ;) haha)
So that was our morning. If we enroll him in that school he would start in September (unless a spot for this year in the 3's class opened up) and he would go 2 days a week for 2 hours a day.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment