So today I unfortunately found the Momma Bear in me. Not that it was missing, just one of those things that only creep up (thank goodness!!) now and then.
The kids and I left this morning around 9:45 to run some errands. We got home at 11:40 and as I was walking to the door I noticed it was cracked open a little. At first I thought nothing of it, our door is extremely sticky and sometimes wont shut all the way and I guess I thought I had not shut it all the way?
There was a moment of panic and I had always run threw my mind as to what I would do had I come home to find my door open or kicked in, just in case of a break in and what not. I had always told myself I would leave and not go in. WHY I went in I still don't know, I am battling with that myself right now. But anyways.
I open the door and found a unknown man standing in my living room, I reacted pushing Wyatt behind me and holding Nash closer, he started to say something but I cut him off and barked at him "Who are you and what the hell are you doing?" he startled and obviously sensed my anger now. He kinda stumbled over his words and at this point I was now just contemplating running out the door, but before I could he said "I'm installing your new dishwasher, I thought you where my partner coming in" I looked passed him and saw the dishwasher half out of the wall and started to try and calm myself. I was so angry and upset. I told him I obviously lived here and I was not aware they were coming today, I knew they had ordered one but we were to be called and contacted about install and had not been yet. Needless to say my adrenalin was going like crazy, they are lucky I didn't leave and call 911 or have a freaking heart attack. I got the kids settled in and Nash was really fussy so that made things hard, we were already passed there lunch time and now my kitchen was a mess and I couldn't get in it to make lunch. We have our kitchen gated and you can not EASILY take them down, so he said they would lift the dishwasher over the island, I told them no I would move the furniture, so with trying to keep the kids out from underfoot, a snack (all I could get to) in there mouths since they where hungry, and groceries in the car getting warm I moved the furniture, it was also at this point I noticed they had to remove the dishes from the old dishwasher and there they sat on the counters (yuk!) They also had to get under my sink, let me just say they didn't follow the common rule of putt thing back where you found it.
Sometime during the 45 minutes they were there, Maintenance for the property (someone I DID know) arrived and I let him know I was not happy. He tried to tell me he called me but since we live in the day and age of caller ID I just shook my head knowing he HAD NOT called me.
After almost a hour of this and Nash crying like crazy they finally finished and I sat the kids down to lunch at 12:40. Needless to say my afternoon is all crazy off schedule.
After I post this I have to call or write the office as there were so many things they didn't do that they are supposed to do so things like this don't happen.
Ugh
Kristen
No comments:
Post a Comment