Friday, July 11, 2008

"I'm Back!" Feeling great and enjoying summer!

It might be the nice summer weather, might be my medication change who knows. But something just clicked in me yesterday and I got sick of sitting around and looking at a cluttered mess. My house has been the last thing on my mind the past year, between the pregnancy, Nash being born, the move...CANCER. Anyways other things came first and the house wasn't so important. Now don't get me wrong its clean...just not CLEAN and organized as I used to be. Some of you know I used to be a *little* OCD about it and that went down hill fast over the past year.

Anyways I digress...so something just clicked and I got some paper and started writing down a schedule for me and the kids and things I wanted to clean....organize and do this summer. I put it all in a binder and I am started with the kitchen, I went threw each cabinet and drawer and in less than 45 minutes (I have a small kitchen ;) I had a pile of things for goodwill and had organized 90% of the kitchen! It was great! I didn't stop there, I did Dishes, Laundry, the floors you name it I got it done yesterday. It felt good. Not to mention James was happy.

I think another thing is, the kids are able to occupy themselves for short periods of time now. I can go into the kitchen while they play in the living room or color and I can do things for 15-20 minutes (or until someone hits someone else upside the head with a toy) and get stuff done. It was kinda nice actually. I continued my new "ways" this morning and got up and started breakfast (mornings are hardest for me usually) took my meds, and started to make coffee (another thing I am planning on doing is making my own at home rather than going out to get Starbucks....I will miss it but its cheaper if you take into account Gas its WAY cheaper!) anyways I followed up on the dishes from the night before emptying the dishwasher and starting laundry. I even vac'd the kids crumbs up in the dining room. Now your probably thinking, good lord this woman is doing "every day things" and wants a cookie for it. But you have to take into account that just 5-6 weeks ago during my radiation I couldn't hardly walk. So for me I have come a long way. It feels good and I am proud of myself that's for sure.

Now to just keep it up...... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I have no excuse for not keeping up with my apartment, I'm just tired (and a lil' lazy) at the end of the day and a bunch of stuff doesn't get done during the week. Then I save it for the weekend...when I don't feel like doing it either! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Come on over and organize my kitchen anytime hehe :)