Oh well its been a while since a MM post! Remember these are more for me than anything and if you find something useful in them...GREAT! :) If not well see ya later in the week for something more interesting.
I've posted in the past about organizing care for my children with speech, ot and I have talked about my menu planning which I still do regularly. Also about the importance of routines in our house. So I think that pretty much covers it. Oh well except for the part where I actually do them all at once. Its like I am unable to do one organized thing at a time. Haha, multitasking is hard especially when you have a calendar that looks like rainbow bright threw up all over your papers. Yes I color code my calendars, I know I know ;)
I guess it comes down to the same type of reward system I give the boys, there has to be a happy medium between work and play. I find I could sit online all day if I let myself and get nothing done. Then there are the times I will jump into cleaning and organizing the house until I am sick and burnt out...overkill really. So I am trying on maintaining a small schedule during the summer not huge that way if I go off schedule its not the end of the world. I have used many systems over the years the biggest being http://www.flylady.net/ which has a great theory behind it but ironically enough the website and forums are about as unorganized as you can be thus just fueling my own disorganized system with a fellow unorganized system, at least in my personal opinion. So I try to take the best things from that system and others I have ready in books and magazines over the years and my goal is to get my house back in order before school starts in the fall. Its a mix of moving clutter that just never got 100% done and just plain unorganized. So in full disclosure here are my problem areas I plan to tackle this summer....yes there are photos! :-o
Boys Craft Center- A Major work in progress these are new free standing cabs that James got me but as you can see one isnt even put together. So I need to get this organized big time. Inside and on top.
Ugh my desk....this needs not just cleaned but a 100% overhaul and organized, its not working for me in its current state. Things are all over and a mess. So this is a major to do this summer.
There is no doubt that my house is run by two little boys, areas like this are all over, but this is by far the worst. The train drawers (the white thing in the middle) just got placed there when we moved in and I have done nothing with them since, the piles in front are toys from the bedrooms that just got brought out and never returned. Time to re think his whole area and how it can work better for both children and adults ;) (Yes thats laundry sitting in from of the toys haha, even better)
So remember this is not JUST about cleaning, I am also going to be working on some major organizing and putting new systems into place this summer. Not pictured is a mud room/area in the garage I am going to re do I will try to get *before* photos of that and also the boys bedroom because we are in the process of switching the boys room with the office. More to come on that.
So check back for progress notes and at the end of the summer for my check in to see if I finished and what I put to use and tossed (idea wise and physically haha)

No comments:
Post a Comment