Friday, April 10, 2009

April 5th 2009 Offline Blog Posting

Written April 5, 2009.

We are in!!! Its Sunday night at almost 10pm and I am sitting down to my computer an getting moment to type this up to post when we get our internet, cable and phone installed on Thursday.

The move went very smooth considering it was on such short notice (very short :) I have photos I will post too.

Friday late morning I got the keys, I didn’t get much done then because I was home by myself with the kids who took a nap. (there only one this weekend might I add) and we made one or two runs after nap of kitchen stuff. To give you an idea about how far away it is from my current apartment, our old bld. Was JJ and our new one was OO so just 4 buildings away about a 4-5 minute walk total, by car just up and around a corner. James got home at 5pm and got right to work, his brother came over for a hour and helped James move the sofa, living room chair, rocking chair, dining room table and both the boys dressers. All this before 9pm and with a sit down dinner involved. Most of this they walked up to the unit or used my van. My dad and I also started moving most of the kitchen stuff. Let me tell you, those Fred Meyer reusable shopping bags came in very handy. I usually forget mine and I went through a phase where I would feel bad I forgot it so I would buy another, now I have like 10 of them. HA! But I packed up all the food in my kitchen and we moved it that way, much easier for my Dad and I to haul things around rather than a tote. In the end I ended up moving 99.9% of my kitchen things with those totes and numerous other things such as kids toys and book. Anyways, best $1 per bag I ever spent!!!!
When I would get to the house with the bags or totes I would go right to where the item belonged and put it away. This worked till about 6pm Saturday night. It’s because of this plan and my commitment to put it away (most of it) as I brought it into the house that makes it possible to sit here right now because everything but my bedroom stuff is put away and the house looks normal, you wouldn’t be able to tell we just moved in!!! We rock.

Speaking of people who rock, my husband was an energizer bunny, his brother in law also was amazing. Both of them worked nonstop Saturday to get EVERYTHING MOVED over. There was literally only 1 tote worth of things left at the old place by 9pm last night. We were all exhausted but it was worth it to get it all done.
Saturday Morning the main day of the move we were just energized and knew it was meant to be when we woke up our last night in the old place to fighting again upstairs. Not nearly as bad as two nights before but still the sounds and fighting coming from that unit at 7am were enough to make anyone go crazy. Even our helpers who arrived at 8:30am to help us move said something about it.

Today, Sunday we spent the morning putting away the rest of the things, like I said by 6pm on Saturday we really were so tired we just started dropping things. Knowing I had at least till the next morning after breakfast to get them put away before he kids noticed ;) so that’s what we did, we got to bed by 11am Saturday night and the kids woke us up bright an early this morning and I just started right in on the rest and with the exception of cleaning the old place we were out the door with most of our normal Sunday routine by 11am! It was a nice feeling.

James took Wyatt to the old unit early afternoon to start the final cleaning process, I took Nash and went with my Mom to the store to get some food for the week, trying to keep to our somewhat normal schedule and that included our weekly Fred Meyers run. We got back and Nash took a nap, Wyatt didn’t, he was pretty tired but I think over excited about everything that happened this weekend, he hasn’t napped since Friday but I think we will get back on track this week.

After Nash got up and we all had a nice lunch we made one final sweep of the old place and then said our good byes to “the old house” as Wyatt called it. He also said many times over the past 2 days during the move that the “old house was broken” so that why we moved, kid cracks me up. The kids even had time to drag (literally) James to the park, he was so tired but a trooper and enjoyed the sun with them. What amazing weather, I am really ready for spring. I got a good dose of Vit D which should last me a few days. Hopefully we don’t have to go to many days before we get more sun. I don’t know what the weather will be like don’t have tv or internet to see, maybe I will revert back to reading my paper I subscribe to and pay to be delivered but yet don’t read….hmm a thought.

So its 10:15 now and I am going to go sit on the sofa and watch James play Wii racing, I am heading to bed soon.

I love our new place, its perfect for us, I can (unlike the others) see us here for many many years to come, it actually might even work in place of a house (so we don’t have to settle on just anything when we do buy) while I go back to work when the kids go to school in a few years. That would be nice!

I look forward to talking with you all. I will write more offline posts this week, until then….

Kristen

No comments: