Friday, February 29, 2008

Lets back up a bit....

So I thought I would back up a bit and start from the beginning to recount the events that have led me to today.

February 6th 2007
I had been having months of "pins and needles" feeling in my right hand and arm. I was really starting to bother me and had some pain associated with it. It had also gotten progressively worse over a few weeks. I went to visit the dr this day and had talked to them about doing a possible MRI. But before we scheduled that I went on a regimen of medication to help relax the nerves in my neck and back in hopes to release possibly a pinched nerve which might be causing the damage.

February 14th 2007
I was just getting ready to finish the medication when I found out I was pregnant!! SURPRISE!!
Medication was stopped, and MRI was put off as it was not safe while pregnant.

October 11th 2007
Welcome 10lb 4oz, 21 1/2 inches long, Nash Cooper Jordan!

January 8th 2008 (Happy New Year!)
With my pregnancy over, I proceed with plans to get a MRI on my head, neck and upper back/spine. In hopes to find the cause of the pain and numbness still occurring in my right hand and arm.

January 10th 2008
Call from my family dr with the MRI results..there was a "Shadow" on my MRI which could indicate a possible "Mass/Nodule" on or around my thyroid. They wanted to send me for a ultra sound on my neck.

January 14th 2008
Ultrasound on my neck. Not very comfortable but done none the less.

January 16th 2008
Ultrasound confirms that there is aa total of 3 nodules. 1 (the largest one) on the left and 2 smaller ones on the right. All on my thyroid. Refered to a Endocrinologist in Seattle.

February 12th 2008
Endocrinologist appointment. Goes over MRI and Ultrasound, confirms nodule report. Schedules blood work and biopsy.

February 25th 2008
Biopsy! Yuk wasn't fun, didn't hurt "as bad" as I thought it was. But again done none the less.

February 27th 2008
Biopsy Results: Call from Endo. Dr.
Thyroid Cancer!
Type: Papillary (Type will be confirmed after surgery)

February 29th 2008
Consult for surgery.
Results: Confirmation of above, Papillary Thyroid Cancer
Surgery Scheduled for March 11th 2008 followed by Radioactive Iodine Treatment (End of April or 1st week of May)

So that brings is up to today. Alot to take in I know but at least you know the background and how we got here today.

More to come.....

No comments: