Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September (OMG!) Currently!

I know I have been saying how fast summer went by but really its been crazy, I think its because I am in school and spent lots of time doing school stuff still. I just cant believe how fast it went by. The last two weeks of summer the kids and I jam packed fun summer stuff into the days we had left. After Great Wolf (see older post) we did lego store, parks, swimming and build a bear! The kids have been so good all summer about our lack luster days of fun while I went to school, it was well worth the wait they had so much fun!

So here is this months Currently that I participate in with some teacher friends of mine over at Oh Boy 4th Grade check her out sometime!


September is Thyroid Cancer Awareness month, I am 4 years cancer free this year (December!) and want to share with you this link so you can learn more and learn how to check your neck!

http://thyroid.about.com

Not a morning goes by that I dont think about the past 4 years (especially the first one) since my diagnosis. I take medication daily and will for the rest of my life.

I picked up my camera for the first time in a few weeks.  I needed a break, if you may not know I had a drastic change from being a photographer to going back to school to be a teacher. It was 100% the right choice I had been putting off and I am thrilled with the direction I am going. Photography however is still a huge part of who I am and always will be, picking up my camera and being behind the lens is just very important to me.


I have been menu planning for a few years now, doing a week at a time sitting down Thursday nights and planning out the coming weeks dinners and then making my grocery list. I decided recently to sit down once a month and do a months worth at a time! Its been so nice, I am only a week into my first month of course but we will see. Its well worth the few hours of prep time, knowing whats for dinner makes it easy when I get home or have a meeting or if I am not home and my husband knows whats in the fridge ready to be made or already made in some cases.



Photobucket

5 comments:

Andrea Brown - Cheers To School said...

Congrats on being 4 years cancer free and living on strong! My father had thyroid surgery a couple years back. Thank you for spreading the awareness because I didn't know! I'm a new follower of your blog and I wanted to let you know your blog title is so stinkin' cute!

Andrea
Cheers To School

Molly Maloy said...

Wow, that is so wonderful that you are now cancer free!! Cancer is such a scary thing! That is so neat that you used to be a photographer! I am hoping to get a nicer camera this Christmas to play around with! No extra lens or anything, just a nice solid camera! I always admire the beautiful pictures that people take! :)

Molly
Lessons with Laughter

Kerri Buckner said...

Congrats on being cancer free for 4 years. That's awesome! I just recently started freezer cooking for my husband and I. It is nice to have meals planned out for a couple of weeks at a time. I haven't tackled a whole month yet. But I will.
Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

Patti Wilson said...

Love hearing that you have been cancer free for so long!
Meal planning is something I should really start. I'm usually a planner, but not in that area ;)

Love your blog!
Patti
One Class, One Sound

Maria Eshman said...

Congratulations on being cancer FREE!!! That is so amazing. I love your blog title, so cute! I'm a new follower!

Maria
http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com