First up was a 3rd grade class, one of my favorite teachers (ok who am I kidding they are all my favorite) had the brilliant idea to ask me to do a mothers day craft for his class, thus giving him not only a extra hour or planning but also not having to do that craft. With it schedule for the friday of mothers day weekend I didn't have much time for projects to dry (we did the craft at 1pm) so had to make sure whatever I did could go home that day. I took my photography skills and did photos (as best as I could in the hall) of the kids a few days before. I got them printed in black and white so they looked "fancier" ;) and they made mothers day frames for them and cards with the
So when the next "winner" came around it was a 1st and 2nd grade split class. I really am enjoying working with different age groups right now with PTO as I can get to know the diffrent grade levels because I am still not sure of what grade I would like to teach. I asked what her classed like to do and she said "well they are just happy to use there markers" hmmmm ok.....and she also said "they love craftivitiys" I nodded like I had heard that term before. I figured I couldn't be a college student studying to be a elementary school teacher without having head this term before. I mean it COULDNT be as simple as a craft and activity in one.... "What's a craftivity? Craftivity(craft*i*vi*ty) n. -- a combination of crafts and activities for kids" oh....ok so it can.
So I decide this would be a great time to put my new favorite site to work..... http://www.teacherspayteachers.com is amazing!! The idea is simple its a etsy/ebay for teachers. Lesson plans, ideas, crafts, projects, activities. "WHERE TEACHERS BUY, SELL AND SHARE ORIGINAL TEACHING RESOURCES" is there motto it really is one of those "why didn't I think of that sites!" love it! You get everything you need depending on the project, the idea, the template the printouts the hints, tips tricks....its really amazing and you pay by the project and the money goes to the creator...the teachers! Thats the best part if you ask me. There are lots of free items on the site and the ones priced are really reasonable you download the file mostly they are PDFs and they are then yours to print and use ect...like.....
I found take a bite out of summer {an end-of-year craftivity} by one of my new favorite teacher bloggers http://acupcakefortheteacher.blogspot.com/ and the kids and teacher loved it. My Kindergartner and Prek-er did it also so I could see how it went.. here is Wyatts!
He wrote:
I luv counting.
I lik to read.
My teacher help me lrn.
I couldn't agree more! :)
Now that I am schooled in "craftivity" I look forward to starting my collection of them. I'm really enjoying 1st and 2nd grade right now. It changes often but that right now is my grade of the week haha :)
Now time for linking up with my first Currently.From another blog I love!
My husband recently had a cancer scare, Thyroid cancer of all things. Been there done that dont need to do it again. Luckily it was just a swollen lymph node or something and nothing serious. So I was happy list that as the places I went today, with him to have his ultrasound done on his neck. :)



3 comments:
I'm your newest follower-I found you through Farley's linky party! :) Love your blog!
Hi! I love the name of your blog! I just found you on Farley's linky party! I am now a follower! Hope you will check out my blog!
Teresa
2nd Grade Pig Pen
WELCOME to you both! Love Farleys blog look forward to getting to know yours Teresa too!
Post a Comment