Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cristina Reasonings

So this weeks Daddy reasoning's will be postponed so I can bring you Cristina Reasoning's....Cristina is my good friends 13 year old daughter who has been a great help this summer with the boys. I watch her 6 year old brother full time during the week. So the other day I picked them up and she got into the van and sad to me "Daniel wouldn't put his shoes on, he wanted to wear his sandals, so I told him to wear his shoes because we were going hiking" Now mind you we had no plans to go hiking but he got so excited he DID in fact put his shoes on.

So I looked at her and said, why would you tell them we are going hiking why not just say "Kristen asked you to wear shoes because its cold out" and that's that! Hmm im seeing a trend in my "reasoning's postings" haha...anyways I said the H word a little to loud and Wyatt said "Hike?! We are going on a hike!" and so I looked at Cristina and said, "Why yes you are. Cristina's taking you on a hike!" I got a pretty interesting look, you know only the kind teenagers can muster the guts to give ;) I said "We'll find some place for you guys to *HIKE* even if its just up the hill from the mail box to the house!" (Thanks to James for that idea)

We looked for places for the kids to HIKE along the route of our errands.....this area below was outside the drive thru line at Starbucks? Naww to small.....



This place was out back the gas station.....is that a trash can I see? Hmmm no too stinky!


In the end we did fine a place and she had to take the kids out for a walk/hike and was thrilled about it as you can see :)


The moral to this story is dont make promises to get a kid to do something...because you never know when you will have to do it :) HAHAHAHA!!!

No comments: